Friday, May 28, 2010

BONBONS


These were the "rage" from 1955-1960 when women supposedly went crazy for cookies that looked like candies. I really dreaded making these for some reason but they weren't as bad as I had anticipated. There were several steps but nothing that was too difficult. The dough is wrapped around some "surprise" in the center, I used pecans or chocolate, but you could also use cherries or some other candied fruit. After the cookies are baked, they are iced with a colored icing and then dipped in a topping, I used coconut but you can use colored sugar or chocolate. The biggest mistake I made was to tint the frosting with yellow ( the only color of dye I had left!!!) but it ended up looking like the cookies were iced with mustard!!! Oh well, they were very tasty but a bit sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment