Friday, May 28, 2010

FRENCH LACE COOKIES


These are the LAST COOKIES IN THE BOOK!!!!!!!! It has been fun but I am looking forward to a break from baking and with UH on vacation, my largest group of tasters are on hiatus...it was nice that this exercise perfectly dovetailed the UH schedule. The best from 1960-1970, they are good but not my favorite. They are similar in look to the Butterscotch lace cookies but the taste is different as they are made with finely chopped walnuts and corn syrup. Instead of using a mixer the dough is actually cooked in a pot. The hardest thing is to get them off of the tray after they sit for few minutes to harden. The directions say to lightly grease the pan but it might be better to grease it well. I couldn't figure out why some came off easily and some were a problem. Oh well....I am done! Anyway, it has been an interesting challenge with some old favorites ( snickerdoodles) revived in my memory and other new ones ( chocolate crinkles) that I will add to my favorite list. At some point I will get around to scanning the recipes of the ones that were good and post them. Otherwise, if you want a specific recipe just let me know and I will email it to you! The most important lesson learned: NEVER make cookies using cereal!!!! Thanks for being good readers and tasters!!!! Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you find a different cookbook and want to cook/bake through it too!!

    ReplyDelete