Monday, April 26, 2010

COCONUT APRICOT TARTLETS


Interesting but I think they would be better as a breakfast item. The tart base is made from cream cheese, butter and flour and then topped with apricot jam and coconut. The whole thing is baked for about 9 minutes. The dough for the tart was refrigerated for about 6 hours before trying to roll it but it still was very difficult to work with. I had to use a lot of flour to get them off the counter and still they had questionable shapes, as you can tell from the picture. The recipe did not make very many so I don't know if UH will get any or if Alex will have eaten them all!

1 comment:

  1. Tasted like a mini-pastry, which is great because usually pastries are too much sweet for me. I liked the cream cheese taste too. Very good!

    ReplyDelete