Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Merry Christmas Cookies


Thanksgiving is over, hope you all had a good one, and so now I am going to start the chapter on Christmas cookies. These cookies are shaped using cookie cutters after rolling out the dough. I have not had great success with this type of cookie in the past but tonight it was cooler so I had great expectations. Whether it was the weather or the huge amount of flour in the dough, it was actually easy to roll, cut and transfer the shapes to the tray. They cooked much faster then the directions called for (about 5 1/2 minutes as opposed to the 8 to 10 called for) so the first batch was a bit too brown. The final step was to ice the cooled cookies and decorate with colored sugar. I used the easy icing recipe called for but I realized that I don't like the taste of this type of icing. I think the plain cookie would be better. Over all, not my favorite cookie but they look festive!

2 comments:

  1. Christmas cookies!!! This made me feel like Christmas is officially here! And I needed that! THANKS!

    Loved the lemon and honey taste in the dough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look phenomenal! i can't wait to try them when i come home! it will be so much fun to bake xmas cookies -- although, i think we will have enough!! :-)

    ReplyDelete