Saturday, December 12, 2009

Toffee Squares


Looking at the recipe I thought it would be more like a caramel cut or butterscotch brownie with chocolate icing but it not as caramel as I thought. It was very good, and easy, but not the caramel I was expecting. Putting chocolate candies on the warm toffee base and then spreading them as frosting when they melted was a very easy way to frost a bar cookie. These would be very good served with ice cream as a dessert. Also, good luck to Trish on her Honolulu Marathon run on Sunday!!!!

4 comments:

  1. oooh....i like the look of this one!! speaking of caramel cuts, i think they may be my favorite "cookie" ever -- well, until i've tried yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great toffee squares! Had forgotten about these...just like Mom used to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this and was sad to have to share them Bob as it meant less for me ;) Granted with the marathon so close it is probably better that I don't eat too many! Thanks for the well wishes! And THANKS for the great cookies! I can make these easily in my toaster oven so I'm all for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED the toffee squares. great cookie in my book.

    ReplyDelete