Monday, December 14, 2009

Snowflakes


A miracle!! Another cookie cutter recipe that is easy to roll out and transfer to the tray without using tons of flour! It called for using a small star cookie cutter which I didn't have but a quick trip to Compleat Kitchen solved the problem. It was the perfect size since this is a sandwich cookie and two large stars would be too much cookie. The halves are joined using melted sweet chocolate and then topped with a dollop of chocolate with pistachio pieces sprinkled on top. I think the nuts were used for the green color...don't think they added too much to the taste. In fact, it would be great with coconut or even powdered sugar sprinkled on top of the chocolate. No matter what is on top, these are tasty. Guido, Alex and Matt gave them a "thumbs up" already! Also, a huge congratulations to Trish who finished 41st in the Honolulu Marathon on Sunday. I would like to think all the cookies had something to do with it....haha!

2 comments:

  1. For some reason I didn't really like these. They were REALLY pretty but the flavors were moderate so nothing really stood out against the chocolate. They were crispy compared to other sugar cookies and like I said earlier, really pretty and likely fun to make, but flavor wise I thought it was a little boring, more like a soft biscotti.

    On another note, THANK YOU for the support in my marathon! I looked for you guys out there when I passed Kahala Mall but didn't see you. It was a good race and a personal record. A great way to end my 2009 season, and YES cookies definitely helped! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely liked these as well. would have liked no pistachios and something else instead... mom, give them a try with something different when you're done with the challenge...

    ReplyDelete