Friday, January 15, 2010

Applesauce Brownies


The batter for these brownies looked like chocolate mousse...very light and airy. The final result was a brownie that was more like a cake than a traditional brownie. However, I liked it! There may be some of you that don't like it, feel it doesn't have enough chocolate to qualify as a brownie, but I liked them! A little ice cream would have been nice also. I was getting a bit discouraged with all of these previous cookies just being average and fairly similar. I was actually feeling that Betty should have just published a pamphlet instead of a full cookbook since there were not enough great recipes just good ones. I am interested in seeing what other people think.

3 comments:

  1. I really really liked this... gooy soft like a brownie can be (again, applesauce = awesome!), but also fluffy and light so you can eat a LOT of them!!! These and the cranberry drop cookies have been my favorite of 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to hide some of these for me. They were a hit at the office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. applesauce? really? they look fluffy and cake-like which are things i would love. but applesauce?

    ReplyDelete