Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cranberry Drops


I never finished the entire Xmas cookie section so I am going to jump around and try the ones that look good. These cranberry cookies were in the holiday section but I think they are good all-around cookies so I started with them since I love cranberries. The recipe had some interesting elements such as orange juice and milk and a mix of brown sugar and white sugar. I made them on the small side and so they only took about 9 1/2 minutes to cook (recipe calls for 10-15 minutes). I made one batch and let them brown a bit more (about 10 1/2 minutes) but I think I like them just lightly browned on top and a bit more chewy than crunchy. I really like these as the tart cranberries offset the sweetness of the cookie. I also used pecans which gave them a nice crunch. Looking forward to some feedback!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this and thought they were unique. I could taste the orange juice so it was a really really nice touch. And the cranberry tart was super yummy! I liked them! They also tasted 'healthy' so were a perfect cookie to start off the new year!!! Yippeeeeee! Cookies are back!

    ReplyDelete