Monday, March 15, 2010

CHOCOLATE ORANGE PUFFS


These are bite-sized cream puffs stuffed with chocolate/nut/orange filling. The recipe seemed a bit intimidating but it ended up being much easier than I expected. In fact, the filling made much more than the cream puff part so I made a second batch to finish it up! They were so easy that I started thinking of all the things they could be filled with. I also made the filling part too difficult by trying to inject the puffs using a 10cc syringe. Well, the filling was too thick and I ended up having to push the plunger too hard to get it out and got it everywhere but in the puff. So, I ended up just slicing the top off with a thin, sharp knife and spooning the filling in with a baby spoon. As for the filling, I liked the chocolate part but would leave the nuts out next time. Also, they need to be refrigerated and so when tasting them tonight, they lose some of their crispness after being cooled and filled....try to serve them immediately if possible.

1 comment:

  1. you're making puff cookies?! this seems VERY advanced! wow!

    ReplyDelete