Monday, February 22, 2010

BUTTERSCOTCH LACE COOKIES


These are probably the most fragile cookies I have ever made. They look like the picture in the book so I don't think I made a mistake but they are very difficult to handle and if you would drop your tupperware, you would have a lot of tiny cookies pieces. The directions read to not place too many cookies on a sheet at a time as they spread out at an amazing rate. Also, keep them small and let them sit on the tray for a long time to cool before removing them. I ruined the whole first batch by making them too big and they joined into one giant cookie, which I couldn't separate. Trying to remove them too soon also made them into s sticky clump. Were they worth all the trouble? I don't know....will look forward to some feedback. They may also not survive the humid night here.

1 comment:

  1. Should be re-named 'coral reef' cookies as to me that is what they look like.

    Taste was buttery and sugary, which was expected. Would be great with vanilla or any icecream really... but some of the crumbs in my vanilla yogurt and it was tasty.

    ReplyDelete