Wednesday, February 3, 2010

HIDDEN CHOCOLATE COOKIES


The hidden chocolate is a Junior Mint candy. The recipe looked like it would be good and fun but there was a learning curve involved with getting an acceptable end product. If you do not put enough dough around the candy, the mint center liquefies during baking and leaks out . The makes the cookie difficult to get off the tray and I am still working on getting the trays clean. After cooling the mint gets very chewy, actually too much so. Anyway, just an average cookie. I would not make them again. The best thing is that I have some Junior Mints left to munch on at a future date!

2 comments:

  1. JUNIOR MINTS!!! I love Junior Mints so no matter how melted or chewy they got, the yumminess was there. Sorry to hear it was a mess to make/clean up.

    Only suggestion: I thought the exterior of the cooky was very plain and tasted too much like flour - would have loved to have it more like a shortbread, or even like a sugar cookie with sprinkles around it (I'm sure that is complicated but it sounds delicious).

    Again, anything with Junior Mints = winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would Junior Caramels work in this replacing the mints...I think that sounds better to me then the mint inside....

    ReplyDelete