Thursday, February 11, 2010

JOE FROGGERS


I love the name of these cookies...don't ask me why they are named for a man or a frog when they are just a good, molasses cookie! The recipe called for the dough to be refrigerated before rolling and baking and I tried my best but the dough warms up so quickly in Hawaii. It was a cool night ( for Hawaii, that is!) but it still was challenging to scoop the dough off the counter and onto the pan after rolling it out. I tried to use the least amount of flour necessary but some of the later cookies just weren't cooperating. However, they still were good if you like crisp, molasses cookies. I used a smaller cookie cutter than called for ( used a glass, actually) and baked them a minute and half less. The second batch I overcooked and had to throw away but the recipe made enough for everyone. These cookies will be great with a cup of tea..hope you all enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. i think i would love these, too! were they softer or crispier?

    ReplyDelete