Sunday, November 15, 2009




Another cereal recipe using Coco Puffs. This one also does not require baking but cooking the chocolate mixture that you pour over the cereal and then let it harden into balls. The last recipe that called for this approach was a disaster so I was a bit apprehensive starting this one. First, I cooked the mixture a lot longer than before and it worked this time or maybe the other recipe was just a dud. Anyway, this would be fun for kids to make. When making the mixture into balls, I just put my hands inside baggies with Pam sprayed on them and had no problem with the chocolate stuff sticking to my hands. The other tip is to really, really push the balls together firmly! I then got a bit creative and thought how much fun it would be to put several balls together to make a tree for the holidays. You could buy spice drops and stick them into the tree to look like ornaments or lights. People could then pick balls off the tree to eat...just a thought! I was going to attempt another recipe but then the washer started leaking and after several hours Guido was miraculously able to fix the water injector and save us having to buy a new washer. I am not in the mood to bake anymore today so check the blog tomorrow. Thanks for fixing my washer, Guido!!!!

1 comment:

  1. These were really fun! THANKS! Not the most spectatcular in flavor, but I think kids would really get a kick out of making and then eating these. In a way they reminded me of popcorn balls, the kind my grandma used to make at Christmas time... so yes, you could make them into an ornament or edible tree... definitely a fun centerpiece at the 'kid's table' for Thanksgiving too =)

    ReplyDelete