Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Molasses Cereal Patties

There is no picture, there are no patties.....this one did not work! I think it is supposed to be similar to rice krispie treats but using cheerios and a syrup that you cook with molasses and various other things. However, either I didn't cook it long enough or its just too humid in Hawaii for these to harden. I think it is the former since I even put the bowl of "glop" (that's what it looked like!) into the fridge and it never firmed to the point I could make it into patties. I thought about just eating the stuff straight from the bowl but it really wasn't that good..it's a no-bake recipe by the way. So, it is in the garbage and we are on to another recipe! The only good thing is that I had to buy Cheerios and I love Cheerios but would never buy them just to eat. So I have some good breakfasts coming up! The other funny thing is that Betty never uses a brand name (this was written in the 60's) of the cereals so you have to figure out what kind of cereal she is talking about. The descriptions sound so funny and I know Cheerios were around in the 1960's. I remember eating them as a child. Happy Veteran's Day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment