Friday, November 20, 2009

Oatsies


This is a pan cookie of sorts. The base of oatmeal and sugar, basically, is baked until bubbly and then cooled. The cookie is then topped with melted chocolate chips and nuts. Sounds simple but the bottom never really set. After an hour I put the chocolate topping on as it was cool but not really firm and it was getting late. I put it in the refrigerator to hasten the process and when cutting it about an hour later, it still was not really firm. So, I put it back into the fridge for the night and this morning it still was sticky on the bottom. The taste is decent only because it is chocolate and anything chocolate is usually good. Would I make it again, probably not. I know it has been a while since we have posted recipes but will do so this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment