Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fruit-Flavored Puffs


I am still in the family section and these recipes seem to all use some kind of cereal. This one called for "fruit-flavored corn puffs" and I had to improvise as I couldn't find Fruit Loops. I found Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries and so figured that the crunch berry part would suffice. Of course, that meant digging thru the box and separating the different types of cereal. What I wouldn't do for this challenge!!! Anyway, these are really just oatmeal cookies with cereal thrown in which gives them an interesting crunch and taste as well as making them more colorful. The cookies are very thin and crisp so you need to keep a close eye on them while cooking to get them out before getting too brown. Also, make sure to take them off the tray immediately or they will stick. They harden while cooling so don't worry if they seem undercooked. Now I have Cheerios and Captain Crunch to eat for breakfast!!

1 comment:

  1. Of the cereals, these have been my favorite thus far... thin and crispy (rare for our climate), and COLORFUL! Like eating a rainbow! YUM!

    ReplyDelete