Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Monkey-Faced Cookies


Sorry that I didn't post last night...I headed to bed after finishing the cookies as I was tired! Thanks for the vote of support for the executive decision, Kristen!! I look forward to the help when you get home. About these cookies, they are the first in the "family cookie" section and are supposed to be great fun for kids as you put 3 raisins on each cookie and they are supposed to look like faces when they bake. After looking at one tray, I decided to just put the 3 raisins in the middle of each blob of dough and not to try and make them look like eyes and mouth and they came out looking better. You can look at the picture and decide! As for the taste, they are a crisp molasses cookie. Not the best molasses cookie I've ever tasted but I like anything molasses...will see how crisp they are today after a rainy night. One word of advice, the directions say to let them stay on the ungreased tray for a minute before removing but they firmed up so fast that they were hard to get off so I took them off immediately. The whole thing about the raisins making faces seemed kind of silly but it was fun to look at them in the end...kids would have fun doing this!

2 comments:

  1. These were fun. Couldn't taste the raisins really as the molasses was just too tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are perfect for Kirk...his signature cookie. Monkey faces for Monkey Boy.

    ReplyDelete