Sunday, September 20, 2009

butterscotch brownies


Happy Sunday! I did my baking earlier than usual ( defied the heat!) since I am starting bar cookies and don't have to worry about keeping the dough cool as with drop cookies. Also, wanted to watch the football games on TV and the Sox play on computer. I made a mistake following the recipe exactly ( the Patriots LOST!!!) and so had to make a second batch. I added the vanilla with the wet ingredients but the recipes calls for adding it after the flour mixture is added. I don't think it made much difference but I pledged to follow the recipes exactly. Also, it didn't make very many brownies ( only an 8X8 pan) and I have plenty of people to eat them now so no problem. They are very quick and easy to make. The bars are very similar to Punahou caramel cuts....just with nuts added. I need to check the caramel cuts recipe to see how similar it is. The taste test: excellent!!!! I will post this recipe and the orange drop recipe in a separate entry later on. If anyone wants another recipe just leave a note in the comments and I will post it.. So far, this is my second favorite recipe. Orange drop cookies still is the winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment