Friday, September 25, 2009

A mistake!!

I was so excited about doing Lemon Bars, which I love, that I decided to forge ahead even though we got home very late from work and I was really tired. I even was so positive that one recipe ( 8X8 pan) would not be enough so I doubled the recipe. HOWEVER....... though I read the recipe many times, I didn't see the part about baking the crust first for 20 minutes before pouring in the filling and continuing to bake. While it was baking I recognized my mistake and just forged on to see how things turned out. The taste was ok but seemed a bit flimsy so I stuck it back in the oven for another 6 minutes and the crust firmed up nicely. Dad found them very tasty. I will give Trish a sample tomorrow and see what she says as she has declared herself to be a fellow lemon bar lover. As to why there is no picture, I will re-make them tomorrow following the recipe exactly and then post the picture. We are going to have lots of lemon bars!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment