Monday, September 14, 2009

Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies


I decided to make the oatmeal cookies today so that I can get to the Molasses Jumbles sooner...I love molasses cookies!!!! I was a bit skeptical about the oatmeal cookies as we like the recipe that is on the Quaker box so well. I also thought that I had a full box of oatmeal when I started making the dough this morning. Unfortunately, I only had a small amount left and had to make a quick trip to Longs. Thank goodness for Longs! The other weird thing about this recipe is that you have to simmer the raisins in water for about 20 minutes and then use 1/2 cup of the drained water in the batter. The raisins were really moist in the final cookie and they were more tasty than just regular raisins. Over-all, however, the cookies were not as good as our usual recipe. Margie is here to help eat these cookies and so the next time I blog it will be the molasses jumbles...yeah!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. oatmeal is my favorite -- i'm sure i'd love them. that raisin trick is interesting!!

    ReplyDelete