Monday, September 7, 2009

Double Cookie Day!




Since I can not bake every day, I am not going to title these "day 1" etc so as to not confuse my readers. I will title them by recipe instead. I am going to try to bake 2 to 3 recipes a week...if our stomachs can handle it! So today is Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday so I decided to bake 2 kinds of cookies today: ORANGE DROP COOKIES AND CHOCOLATE NUT DROP COOKIES. I followed the recipes exactly and even squeezed my own orange juice to achieve the maximum flavor for the cookies. Both recipes were delicious! The chocolate drops were like little brownies and the orange drops were light in texture with a taste that reminded me of the icing of the Pillsbury breakfast rolls that you buy in the tubes and bake. The extra cookies were given to the Ahn's next door and to Alex downstairs. I am going to try to bake another batch of cookies tomorrow as it is a holiday (Labor Day) and I had to buy buttermilk for the chocolate drops and the next recipe also calls for it. I want to use it up before it goes bad! Ok....off to bed ....maybe will rise to bake another day!!! Just a quick note after looking at the pictures, the orange drop cookies are iced with orange butter icing. It's hard to see that in the picture!

1 comment:

  1. A hair on the chocolate cookie? I always told my kids after they found a hair that they found the lucky cookie and to make a wish. Usually the wish is to find no more hairs! ha

    ReplyDelete