Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 1-Applesauce cookies with lemon icing


I have actually started this challenge!!!! After making a trip to Times after work to get the supplies needed for the first few recipes, I came home and started to work. I bought new spices as the ones I had at home were old and I feel that its important to do this right.....only using butter and am following the recipe exactly. So, if it calls for raisins, I am using raisins. This means that some kids will not be happy when we do tasting at Xmas but so be it. So I have now finished night #1 and have declared this recipe to be delicious. They are good with or without the lemon icing. The recipe does make quite a few cookies so I saved some dough and will make some more tomorrow as I am tired ( it is 9:30 pm at this writing!). One thought on making these cookies.....keep them small and they don't need much icing! ok...now we are going to figure out how to put the picture on the blog...

1 comment: