Saturday, September 26, 2009

Chocolate Fruit Bars



Bar cookies really are very easy. You cook them at one time, no putting trays in and out of the oven like other kinds of cookies. Also, the very warm, humid weather of Hawaii does not affect them as much. So far the dream bars and butterscotch brownies win this category but I was hoping these bars would give them some stiff competition. Again, easy to make just requiring a bit of easy chopping of nuts and cherries and then some fast mixing with the other ingredients. The result was more of a cake than a bar cookie but it was tasty. I think Dad like them more than me eating several even with a bad toothache! I am not putting them in the same category as the previously mentioned favorites. There is one more recipe in this section, apricot bars. I have great hopes for these as I LOVE apricot! Hopefully will have time to go to the store tomorrow and will make them while watching football games and the Red Sox/Yankees game. I hope they bring my Sox the luck they need to beat the Yankees!!! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment