Friday, October 30, 2009

Brazilian Coffee Cookies


I like hot coffee to drink but I really don't like it in other things such as ice cream or cookies. So, these cookies are not my favorite. They are really strongly flavored and I am afraid Guido my never get to sleep tonight after eating a few of them! This may be a substitute for Red Bull!!!!! The cookies were easy to make but you have to flatten them with the back of a glass so it required some refrigeration after making the dough. I also think I would make them smaller the next time as the flavor is pretty intense. The recipe called for using an ungreased baking sheet but I greased it a bit and thank goodness I did as it was a bit hard to get them off the tray. Make sure you don't wait before removing them as it gets harder the longer they sit. As for texture, they are thin and crispy much like a gingersnap. These might be great cookies for when you are on call or pulling an all-nighter!!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the comment about being good for "on call" -- i think that one was directed to me, yes? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look delicious! i wonder what the purpose is for flattening with back of a glass? that's so specific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked these. They are no chocolate crinkles or snickerdoodles, but with a glass of milk they are just heaven.

    ReplyDelete