Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Date Oatmeal Cookies


I really hate to work with dates. They just look so weird and are not fun to chop up. I also don't like how they taste. However, I am doing this challenge without altering any of the recipes so I used the dates that were called for. If I were to do it over, and not on the challenge, I would substitute cranberries for the dates. The cookie itself is crisp and not too sweet. You can eat quite a few in a sitting (Guido's comment). They are a bit unusual to make in that you roll the dough in a ball and then flatten them with the back of a flour-dipped glass. You were supposed to chill the dough and I probably didn't chill it long enough as it stuck to the glass even with the flour. Once again, I did not cook them for as long as noted probably because I made them a bit smaller. Overall, probably not my favorite cookie but that could be due to the date issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment