Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ethel's Sugar Cookies


This is the first of the rolled cookie section. Having made this type of cookie many times during holiday time (the only kind for kids to decorate!) I knew what was in store with the very, very hot and humid weather we are having. Making the dough was easy but rolling it out, cutting out shapes and transferring them to the cookie sheet was much more challenging. I had to use a lot of flour on the counter and the rolling pin to keep the dough from sticking. Even with that, it was hard to get the cookies up and onto the baking sheet. Oh well...I have a feeling this will not be my favorite time of this challenge! Guido says the cookies are good but I find them a bit boring.

1 comment:

  1. Ok... Mary's kick Ethel's butt in terms of taste and looks (no offense to anyone named Ethel). These were good (it IS a cookie!) but agree with you Anne: boring.

    ReplyDelete