Friday, October 23, 2009

Chocolate Crinkles


Very pretty cookies with their white sugar dusting and cracked tops. They tasted like soft, light brownies with a bit of crunch on the top. I think they could have used more chocolate taste but Guido thought they were fine. I will have to see what the other tasters have to say! As for making the cookies, they took about 13 minutes to cook which is about a minute longer than was called for. The recipe also said to chill the dough several hours or overnight. I didn't have lots of time so I put the dough in the freezer for about an hour and that seemed to do the trick. It would be too sticky to work with otherwise. We are working late tomorrow so probably won't have time to do another recipe so I won't be blogging until Sat or Sun. Happy TGIF!

3 comments:

  1. With my first bite I agreed with Anne, not enough chocolate… however after 3-4 cookies I felt the chocolate was sufficient… and liked that they were not too sweet. I LOVE the crunchy outside and overall texture of these cookies! The powdered sugar is like a very light frosting on the cookie. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to most at UH these are heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can we make these at christmas? they look delicious and the comments make me want them more!

    ReplyDelete