Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oatmeal Coconut Crinkles


Continuing with refrigerator cookies....making the dough is easy and baking is very easy, since all you do is slice and bake, the only challenge is to shape the dough into a log before refrigerating. I have found that it is easiest to put the dough, still in the mixing bowl, into the fridge for about 2 hours and then scrape it onto wax paper. Fold the wax paper closed and then roll the dough on a hard surface until it is a uniform shape. You want to make sure the ends are not too tapered so they are the same size when slicing for cooking. Hope that makes sense!!! Anyway, the cookies are delicious. They have a nice crisp texture with a great taste if you like coconut and oatmeal! I thought I may have over-cooked them but they need to look browner than just around the edges. I am looking forward to comments from the tasters!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so these cookies are REALLY good. I almost didnt take them into work because I wanted to eat them all by myself, but I resisted temptation and brought them in. They are a huge hit with everyone here.
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 star!

    Nice crisp and good bite. Coconut just right. Unable to eat just one at a time.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete