Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Filled Cookies


The hot, humid weather is to return tomorrow so I was glad to get these made tonight. I have one more recipe that requires the dough to be rolled out but hopefully it is not as hard to work with as the sugar cookie dough. As with the previous filled cookie recipe, two circles of dough are required for each cookie so there were not enough finished cookies for the tasters at UH.....so sorry! I also had to make them thicker than the recipe called for to be able to transfer them to the cookie sheet so there was a lot of extra filling left. I would only make 1/2 the filling recipe next time. The filling was a mix of maraschino cherries and orange juice as the main components. The orange juice helped to cut the sweetness of the cherries but I would actually add some orange pulp or even some more cherries as I felt the filling was too thin and could not put as much as I wanted before it ran off the bottom cookie. The cookies also took a bit longer to bake than the recipe called for but that could be because they were thicker. The taste test: very good and would be especially good with tea. Guido especially liked the crispness of the cookies. I hope they are still crisp tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Taste was pretty good (not as crunchy the next day but still tasty!). Not a fan of the maraschino cherry (too sweet) and think something with a little more tart would be better... but that's me...

    ReplyDelete