Friday, October 16, 2009

Scotch Shortbread


My first disaster!!!! I baked the cookies for 20 minutes, according to the directions, but after checking them at the 18 minute mark, they were burned!!!! The directions actually said that they would not brown but they sure were brown!!! For the second batch I baked them for 9 minutes which seemed to be about right. These are rolled cookies and you can cut them into shapes but I really prefer shortbread to be in bar form. This also makes them thicker which I think is better. Taste was alright but I would look for another recipe to make them as bars. You could actually just take this dough and form it in the bottom of a glass bottom pan and bake it as bars. One unusual thing, the dough is mixed by hand! Only one more recipe to roll out...yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment